They say the best things in life are free, the next best things are low cost and easy to make. Not everything in life has to be difficult and sometimes getting what you paid for is actually a great thing. Such is the case for this really simple, really good, coconut ice cream!
I made it without an ice cream maker and it was smooth and creamy.
- 1 can coconut milk (full fat)
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- In a saucepan warm coconut milk, sugar, and salt over medium low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- In a glass container freeze overnight.
- The next day, allow the sweet coconut milk to sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Just long enough for the solid block to begin to melt around the edges.
- Chop sweet coconut milk into the food processor.
- Pulse and then mix until it is creamy and smooth.
- Pour mixture back into glass container and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- The mixture should be slightly more solid than soft serve.
- Top with garnishment or serve with cookies.
- Fruit slices
- Toasted coconut
- Chocolate tuile
- Pokey Sticks (this is what I used)
Note: We ate this as desert to our Pho soup and it was a great pairing.